Saturday, December 24, 2011

Chocolate Covered Oreos

For the first time, I attempted to do chocolate covered oreos for our Christmas goodie baskets.  I searched Pinterest for the recipe that seemed to be the most user friendly.  That turned out to be a disaster! Two bags of white chocolate chips and a failed batch later I decided to do an internet search.  I love Pinterest for it's ease of use and recipes that are readily available, but, it's a lot of trial and error!

I found the easiest recipe.  It went together quickly and covered the cookies perfectly. Or at least as perfectly as I could have expected.  The taste is good but the chocolate is a bit soft.  Overall, not a bad first attempt!

20 Oreo Cookies
1 (12 oz) bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 T vegetable oil
Chopped nuts, sprinkles, miniature candies (m&ms, reese's pieces), optional

1. In a small saucepan, over low heat, combine chocolate chips and oil until melted and smooth, stirring constantly.
2. Dip each cookie into the melted chocolate, coating evenly. Place dipped cookies on wax paper. Sprinkle them or whatever you'd like.
3. Leave cookies on wax paper until set.

No comments:

Post a Comment